Followers

Wednesday 24 April 2024

Christmas Craft Creations Challenge April Reminder - Non-Traditional Colours

Hi crafters,

The Reminder Team are sharing more inspiration over at the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge Blog for our April theme of Non-Traditional Colours.



I chose some Concord and 9th inks for my non-traditional colours.  I went with a combination of Nectar, Stardust, Sea Glass and Midnight.  I love the results and could see this colour palette being lovely for baby cards too.  All three cards feature panels from the Create-in Quads Layering Stencils - Deck the Halls from Taylored Expressions.  I still have another panel of stars waiting to be made into a card.  


Card 1
Once I had a ink blended the Create-in-Quads stencils, I used the co-ordinating dies to cut out the ornaments.  I chose three that would create a focal point for my card.  I pulled out the Simon Hurley Create Halftone Holiday stamp set and used the pine branch image to create a frame around the card in C9 Midnight ink.  I stamped the strings from the same stamp set using Catherine Pooler's pigment ink in Silver.  I stamped the sentiment in silver and then heat embossed in clear to avoid smudging.   I finished off the card with PFS Clear Drops in Ice.  


Card 2
This was a super quick make.  Once I had finished stenciling, I die cut a panel of Night of Navy cardstock from Stampin' Up! using the Pretty Pink Posh Eyelet Rectangles dies.  I cut the long edges off and adhered behind my stenciled panel.  I added a greeting from the Spellbinders Mini Christmas Greetings Stamp Set in Midnight ink.  


Card 3
I added this stenciled panel to a Night of Navy card base and then die cut the sentiment using the Pretty Pink Posh Merry die in matching cardstock.  I love the simplicity of this design and you could easily mass-produce these for the holiday season.  


I had so much fun making these three cards and challenging myself with a non-traditional colour palette.  I hope you can join us for our non-traditional colours theme.  You have until Tuesday 7 May 2024 at 6pm BST to submit your entry.

Happy Christmas crafting,

Rachel 

No comments:

Post a Comment