Followers

Monday 13 August 2018

Magical Mermaid by Stampin' Up!

Hi Crafters,

I'm joining in the Global Design Project Challenge this week and the theme is Take Me to the Sea.  This is a perfect challenge for someone surrounded by the sea and I love nothing more than watching the waves.  


I immediately thought of mermaids and knew the perfect stamp set to get creating - Magical Mermaid.


The base for my card was made using Whisper White cardstock and was measured to fit into a medium Stampin' Up! envelope.  I created a panel for the card by smooshing three ink pads (Petal Pink, Coastal Cabana and Shaded Spruce) onto a large rectangle acrylic block and then spritzed with water.  I placed Shimmery White cardstock on top to pick up the ink and then let it dry naturally.  As soon as I saw how the colours had blended it reminded me of an aerial photo of a tropical beach.  


I stamped the mermaid in Coastal Cabana and then added Wink of Stella to the end of her tail.  I coloured her skin with Petal Pink ink using an Aqua Painter.  To add interest to the card base, I stamped the dots in Coastal Cabana and then finished off with the sentiment which was layered using the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies.  I coloured the top half of sentiment masking the remainder so that I could stamp that on the inside of the card.  I used Coastal Cabana and Shaded Spruce ink pads to create an ombre effect.  

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Global Design Project 151 - Theme Challenge
Watercooler Wednesday - All Occasions

Happy crafting,
Rachel x


Product List

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Doesn't Wink of Stella add just the right sheen for a mermaid?

    ReplyDelete