Followers

Sunday 25 March 2018

Pocketful of Sunshine

Hi Crafters,

I have a summery card today to welcome the warmer weather now that we are heading towards April.  Although, I think there is more snow on the way for the UK so wrap up warm and keep crafting!  

I originally designed this card for a colour challenge being hosted by the Global Design Project but I decided to enter a completely different card and actually won a Top Three spot!  I am still pinching myself!  

On to today's card and it really makes me think of Hawaii and it's glorious sunsets.  I was so lucky to visit in October 2016 and I would go back in a heartbeat.  


My card blank is made from Whisper White cardstock, layered up Basic Black and Whisper White pieces on top.  I should have used some Shimmery White cardstock for my watercolour topper but I didn't really have a plan when I started so I used more Whisper White cardstock!  I put together various stamps from the Waterfront set to create a sunset scene, some with second generation stamping in Peekaboo Peach, Bermuda Bay and Sweet Sugarplum.  I added the sun rays from the Amazing You stamp set which is one of my favourites right now.  You can still earn it for free during March with a qualifying order.  

I stamped the pocket in Archival Black in onto vellum using the Pocketful of Sunshine stamp set and then die cut with the co-ordinating framelit.  Finally I used clear embossing powder to stamp the sunglasses image before die-cutting.  I don't think the photo picks up the embossing though.  I'll add a boomerang video to my Instagram stories for you though.  Be sure to check that out later today.

There is still time to take advantage of Sale-A-Bration until the end of March and Stampin' Up! have added a bunch of great products to the selection which you can earn for free with each £45 spend.  Click the links to the right to view the 2nd Release catalogue and additional products.  Hurry - these offers expire on 31 March 2018!

Happy crafting,
Rachel x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment