Followers

Tuesday 10 August 2021

Crafty Collaborations Punch Techniques Blog Hop

Hi crafters,

I am taking part in another blog hop today with the Crafty Collaborations team.  Our theme for Technique Tuesday is Punch Techniques.  This was a fun one to create and I can't wait to see what everyone else has come up with for the challenge.  

I used the Holly Border Punch from the July - December 2021 Mini Catalogue to create a background panel and I also used the Label Me Lovely Punch for my sentiment topper.  



I made a card base from Crumb Cake cardstock and then used a Basic White cardstock panel for my background.  I took a piece of scrap cardstock and created a border pattern using the Holly Border Punch.  I placed this over my background panel and using a Shaded Spruce Stampin' Write Marker I traced the holly leaves onto the background.  I used a Real Red Stampin' Write Marker for the berries.  I repeated this two more times to cover the background panel.  I trimmed the panel to size and adhered to my card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  I punched out the label shape using the Label Me Lovely Punch and then placed this inside my Stamparatus before stamping my sentiment.  I did some stamp surgery on the Happy Christmas stamp by cutting the words apart so I could stack them on to the punched shape.  I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink, positioning the words individually so I could achieve a closer placement.  I also punched out a label from Real Red cardstock and cut this in half before adhering to the reverse of my white label to have a red layer on the top and bottom of my topper.  Finally I added some holly accents in Shaded Spruce cardstock and berries in Real Red cardstock.  I layered the holly by folding the second piece in half and only gluing the centre so that the leaves have dimension.  I added Shimmery Crystal Effects to the berries for a small pop of shine and sparkle.  

I hope you are feeling inspired to get your punches out and start creating.  The full list of participants for this blog hop is below and I hope you keep hopping.  Don't forget to leave us a comment - we love to hear what you think of our projects.  

Happy crafting, Rachel x


Product List

4 comments: