Followers

Saturday 20 January 2018

Amazing You!

Hi Crafters,

I'm back with an entry for this week's challenge over at the Global Design Project.  I always love checking out the weekly theme there.  I just wish there was an extra day of the week called Craftday!  The theme for GDP121 this week is a colour challenge and it's bright and beautiful!


I had so many ideas for this combo and it took quite a few attempts to decide on my favourite design.  I purchased the Hello Friend stamp set when the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue launched in June last year but I've only just inked it up this week and I'm so glad I did.  It paired perfectly with the new Celebrate You Thinlits dies and Amazing You stamp set available for free with a qualifying order during Sale-A-Bration (SAB).  


I actually used Stampin' Markers to colour my wreath image, starting with Peekaboo Peach, then Sweet Sugarplum and finally Bermuda Bay, in a random pattern.  If you use Sweet Sugarplum as the final colour, you will get a muddy result.  I know this from experience!  Don't forget to breath on your image too before stamping - this keeps the ink from drying too quickly.  I also stamped a subtle second generation image which I plan to use on another card.


I stamped the "YOU" sentiment in Smoky Slate to match my die cut which has been sparkled with a wash of the Wink of Stella glitter pen.  This doesn't show up well in photos but looks lovely in real life.  I really recommend using the Multipurpose Liquid Glue for your intricate die cuts - simply follow the shape and keep the flow to a minimum.  Tweezers are also a must-have if you have chubby fingers like me!

If you are new to Stampin' Up! this might be your first Sale-A-Bration.  You're really in for a treat!  If you spend £45, you automatically qualify for a free Level 1 SAB item.  There are several to choose from including stamp sets, ribbon and Designer Series Paper.  However, if your order reaches £90, you can choose a Level 2 item for free.  The items used to make this card (shown in the Supply List at the bottom of this post) will allow you to add both the Amazing You stamp set (Level 1) and the Celebrate You Thinlits dies (Level 2) to your order for free.  If you have any SAB questions or would like to receive free copies of the new Spring/Summer and SAB catalogues, please get in touch via email.  I can send catalogues to France, Germany, Austria, The Netherlands and the UK.  

Happy crafting,
Rachel x



Product List

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful card!
    Brilliant color combination and design!
    XO
    Sylwia

    ReplyDelete