Followers

Friday 1 February 2019

Global Stamping Friends - Stamper's Choice

Hi Crafters,

We have another fabulous hop from the Global Stamping Friends and this month we are being let loose with a theme of Stamper's Choice.  This means we can go wild with whatever we decide to create.  



I have not one but two cards for you.  I used one background die to create both cards.  When I saw the Florentine Bundle in the new Stampin' Up! Spring/Summer catalogue, I just fell in love!  


I didn't actually use any of the Florentine stamps on either of my cards - there's time for that yet!  I have so many ideas and never enough time!


For my first card, I attached a piece of Double Sided Sticky Sheet to an A5 piece of Whisper White cardstock and then cut out the background die, saving the negative pieces into a pot on my craft desk.  I took off the backing to expose the adhesive and sprinkled with Copper embossing powder and then melted the powder with my Heat Tool.  I used a piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock and then scrunched it up to create crease lines.  I ran a Merry Merlot ink pad over the cardstock to create a distressed look.  

I didn't want to cover too much of the background so I stamped in Merry Merlot and die cut three of the sprigs from the Dear Doily Bundle.  I added a Coastal Cabana sentiment panel using one of the rectangles from the new Stitched Rectangle Dies and stamped my greeting in Merry Merlot from the Filigree Florentine stamp set.  

My second card features those pieces that were saved from the background.  In hindsight I should have embossed all the pieces at once but I did this separately for each card.  


I cut another background and secured it with removable tape to a piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock.  I added glue to the open areas and then placed the pieces back into the gaps.  Once these were all in place, I removed the template background and then peeled off the sticky backing and added Copper embossing powder.  When heating, I put extra heat in some places to make the powder bubble on the Double Sided Stick Sheet. 

The topper was made using the Floral Frames Thinlits Dies cut from vellum.  I cut the word amazing from the Celebrate You Thinlits Dies and added this on top using Liquid Multipurpose Glue.  I stamped a sentiment from the Forever Lovely stamp set and cut out the word You to complete the sentiment.  I found that the stamped sentiment worked better when the letter were all in the same case.  I know I shouldn't have favourites but I really love how this card turned out!

To keep hopping to Amanda's fabulous post, just click the next arrow below.



Let me know what you think of this technique and what else you'd like to see featured in upcoming posts.  I love to know if there is a technique you're itching to try but don't know how to start.

Happy crafting,
Rachel


Thank You Card
Product List


Amazing You Card
Product List

5 comments:

  1. Wow, both cards are gorgeous, Rachel!! But I like the 1st one best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Rachel. I am loving the Heat Embossing on #1 & the bright colours. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous projects Rachel. I love your colour combinations and that copper embossing is fantastic. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card designs. I love the embossing and the way you have used both the positive and negative of the die design. Can't wait to get this bundle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards! Love the simplicity of the second card and I like the layers and techniques of the first card!

    ReplyDelete