Followers

Friday 6 August 2021

Global Stamping Friends Blog Hop - Animals

Hi crafters,

It's the first Friday of the month and that means a Global Stamping Friends blog hop.  We are a group of international Stampin' Up! Demonstrators who love to share our passion for creativity through our monthly hops.  I'm one of the European demos, based in the UK.  This month's theme is Animals.  If you've come from Marieke's great post, you're on the right track.  There is also a full list of participants at the end of this post.  



I used the Turtle Friends Bundle to create my first card and went with a clean and simple design.  


I created a mini slimline card base from Mossy Meadow cardstock and the finished size measures 3.25" by 6.25".  I took a panel of Basic White cardstock, cut to slightly smaller than my card base, and ran this through the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine with one of the Greenery Embossing Folders.  I stamped my turtle in Stazon Jet Black ink as this is a permanent ink suitable for watercolouring.  I stamped the shell detail in Old Olive ink and then used a Water Painter to fill in the legs, neck and head.  I used Soft Suede ink in the same way for the toes.  Do turtles have toes?!  I stamped the sentiment in Stazon ink too and was really please how well it stamped over the embossing.  I didn't think to stamp the sentiment first, of course!  I added a small red resin heart underneath the sentiment but these have actually retired.  You could use a die cut paper heart here instead or another small embellishment.  

My second card features a rainbow but not in the classic way!  


This card features the From All of Us stamp set which is super fun and perfect for this theme.  I used Stampin' Write Markers in Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point and Gorgeous Grape to colour directly onto the animal stamp and then huffed before transferring the image to the Basic White cardstock.  I added the greenery above the main image using Garden Green ink and added the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.  I added shading at the bottom of the animal image using a Sahara Sand Stampin' Write Marker - something I definitely need to practice!  

I hope you keep hopping along with our animal theme blog hop by heading to June's brilliant post next, simply click the arrow below.  


Blog Hop Roll Call

1. Rachel Macleod ***You are here***

2. June Olsen

3. Tricia Butts

4. Jan Musselman

5. Amanda Farlinger

6. Angélique Stempelkeuken

7. Marieke Bart


Happy crafting,
Rachel x



Turtle Birthday Card Product List



Rainbow Thanks Card Product List

7 comments:

  1. That turtle is stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are super cute, Rachel. I love the alternative rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects... they are so cute! Thanks for hopping :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are both adorable cards!! Love the coloring on your turtle! They leafy embossing folder was a very good idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So super cute! I love that turtle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute cards. Love the rainbow one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and fun. Love the adorable turtle and the beautiful rainbow technique for your thank you card.

    ReplyDelete