Followers

Wednesday 27 March 2024

Christmas Craft Creations Challenge Reminder - Designer Paper

Hi crafters,

The Reminder Team are sharing more inspiration over at the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge Blog for our March theme of Designer Paper.



I made three cards using one sheet of the Honey Bee Stamps Holiday Traditions 6" x 6" Designer Paper.  It stood out for it's bold design and mix of traditional and modern colours.  


I made three card bases using heavyweight white cardstock in American A2 size of 4.25" x 5.5".  I cut the 6" x 6" piece of designer paper at 4" and then cut that piece on the diagonal to get two backgrounds.  This left me with a strip that I could use on the third card.  

Card 1

I masked the edges of my card with Gina K Masking Magic Strips and stamped the Picket Fence Studio Hark, the Angels Sing Background Stamp in Concord & 9th Avocado ink.  I added the designer paper section below and then finished off with a strip of gold metallic cardstock on the diagonal edge.  I created the poinsettia using the Altenew Poinsettia 3D Die Set in Real Red cardstock from Stampin' Up! with a gold metallic centre die cut.  I stamped my sentiment using the Spellbinders Mini Christmas Greetings Stamp Set in the Avocado ink to match my background stamping.  

Card 2

The second card uses the leftover strip of designer paper.  I created a panel of white cardstock and splattered Light Gold from the Gansai Tambi Starry Colours palette.  I set this off to the side to dry while I stamped my focal image.  I used the Concord & 9th 
Ornament Stamp & Stitch Bundle, stamping in Lumberjack Plaid Distress Ink and C9 Avocado ink.  I added foam tape to the back of the die cut ornament and attached a length of Spellbinders Black Cord before securing this to the back of the splattered panel which already had the designer paper adhered.  I finished with a bow at the top of the ornament also in the black cord from Spellbinders.  

Card 3

Using up the second half of the original piece of designer piece I made a third card.  I adhered the designer paper to the top of the card base.  I created three poinsettia blooms using the Honey Bee Stamps Winter Bouquets Honey Cuts in Real Red cardstock with metallic gold centres.  I adhered these to the diagonal cut of the designer paper, adding some greenery in Avocado cardstock between the blooms.  I finished off this card using a sentiment from the 
Gina K Designs Peace Love Joy Mini Stamp Set in Lumberjack Plaid Distress Ink.

I had so much fun making these three cards and I'll definitely be pulling out my designer paper again soon.  I hope you can join us for our Designer Paper theme.  You have until Tuesday 9 April 2024 at 6pm BST to submit your entry.

Happy Christmas crafting,

Rachel 

No comments:

Post a Comment