Followers

Friday 13 March 2020

We Fall In... Colours - March 2020 Blog Hop

Hi Crafters,

I have a very exciting post today.  I've been invited to join a colour challenge blog hop and I'm so excited!  The We Fall In...Colours team are an international group of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators who share their creative makes following a colour theme each month.  If you've come from Samira's awesome make you're on the right track. 



The colour challenge for this month is Granny Apple Green, Blueberry Bushel and Rococo Rose which are some of my favourites.




This colour palette lends itself to floral projects but I wanted to push myself so I've made a home decor project using ink blending through a mask.  I also put my Cricut electric cutting machine to work with some adhesive vinyl for the sentiment.



It was pretty hard to capture this project in a photograph due to either too much light or not enough.  I hope you can see how the sentiment sits on the glass raised above the inked image within the shadow box.

I started with a piece of Whisper White cardstock cut to 6.5" square.  I attached the mandala stencil from the Pattern Party Decorative Masks pack using low tack tape.  I applied the three inks - Granny Apple Green, Blueberry Bushel and Rococo Rose with Stampin' Sponges making sure to overlap the colours.  I trimmed the cardstock so that it would fit inside the shadow box and layered a piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock behind for some added rigidity.



I took inspiration from the Crafting Forever stamp set for the sentiment and made my own version in Cricut Design Space.  I cut it out with silver adhesive vinyl which shows up much better in real life.





I hope you're feeling inspired hopping along with our projects.  To keep going, just click the next button below to head to Shelly's fabulous creation.






Happy crafting,
Rachel x


Blog Hop Roll Call


1.      Sandra Herzog
2.     Silke Trapani
8.     Manuela Auer
9.     Bettina Hoffmann
12. Rachel Macleod – On The Wings of Craft ***You are here***


Product List

7 comments:

  1. Dear Rachel,
    you conjured up a beautiful picture frame.
    Thank you very much for the inspiration.
    Greets Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your picture frame is so beautiful, the idea is great
    Thanks for sharing
    Liane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Bettina,
    eine toller Bilderrahmen ist das geworden, sehr schön coloriert.
    Vielen Dank für das Zeigen im BlogHop.
    Ein schönes Wochenende und viele Grüße aus Leipzig.
    Rene
    Stempeln-mit-Rene.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Rachel,
    your picture frame is amazing,
    Greets Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful project. Thank you for this great idea.
    x Sigrid

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Rachel!
    wonderful! I love it!
    Thank you for participating
    creative greetings, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Rachel,

    a very nice picture frame. I did not think that I could like the Rococo Rose as well as here. Thank you for showing it.

    Greetings Samira

    ReplyDelete