Followers

Saturday 1 August 2020

Life is Beautiful Slimline Card with Stampin' Up! Products

Hi crafters,

I've jumped on the slimline card trend and made an entry for the latest challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches.  Challenge FMS446 is to create a slimline card as shown below.  This provided so many creative opportunities and I knew I had to play along.  

I started by creating a card base from Thick Whisper White cardstock which measured 8.5" by 7", scored at 3.5".  I cut a panel of Whisper White cardstock slightly smaller than the card base and used this for my ink blending.  I masked off the four sides with repositionable tape (washi tape should also work) and then blended inks in Calypso Coral, Cajun Craze and Pretty Peacock with blending brushes.  I sprayed and flicked some water over the top and dabbed off with kitchen roll.  The leaf image came from the Life is Beautiful stamp set designed by million sales achiever LeeAnn Greff and will be available in the Autumn/Winter Mini Catalogue from 4 August.  Not long to wait now!  This is a pretty stamp set featuring a tree as it's focal element and covers all the seasons.  


The sentiment is also from the Life is Beautiful stamp set and I inked this with Versamark ink, added gold embossing powder and melted with my heat tool.  I adhered the panel with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  

I would like to enter this card into the Freshly Made Sketches challenge 446.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x


Product List

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful design! I love your color choices. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love how you used this new stamp set! Beautiful inky background! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and such wonderful colours together! The way the leaves float down the card is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous design. I love the leaves! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing blending job! The colors are absolutely fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete