Followers

Saturday 29 July 2017

Happy Birthday Graceful Garden

Hi Crafters,

I hope you are enjoying your summer and making the most of the good weather.  Although, a couple of rainy days would be good to spend in the craft room!  Today's card is inspired by the current challenge at the Global Design Project who have a colour theme this week.



I must admit that the only Wild Wasabi product I own is a marker.  This made the challenge a little more fun to think outside the box.  I had quite a few variations until I chose the Graceful Garden stamp set.  I created a custom Berry Burst card blank and attached a piece of Shimmery White cardstock on top.  I ran a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock though the Big Shot with the Layered Leaves Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  I brought the two layers together with a length of the Berry Burst finely woven ribbon which is super soft.


I stamped the main rose image from the Graceful Garden stamp set onto a piece of Shimmery White cardstock.  The image was coloured with the Berry Burst and Wild Wasabi markers so that I could achieve a no line watercolour effect.  This might need some more practice!  I used the Happy Birthday die to cut the centre of the rose image and then paper pieced the parts back together.  This was really easy using the new Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets.  I cut four additional sentiments and layered on top, finally adding my coloured image to complete the full design.  I went with a jaunty angle for added interest and finished with a few pearls.  



I would like to enter this card into the following challenge:

Global Design Project 097 - Colour Challenge


A full supply list is available at the end of this post and don't forget that the Christmas in July promotion ends on Monday.  Join the Stampin' Up! family and start saving on your Autumn/Winter cardmaking supplies.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment