Followers

Sunday 1 April 2018

Sharing Friendship's Sweetest Thoughts

Hi Crafters,

Today is a momentous day!  Not only has April arrived but I have cut into and used my Designer Series Paper (DSP)!  I have stacks of the stuff but I never want to cut it up and even when I do, I'm never sure how to incorporate it into my cards.  Confessions of a crafter!

I used a new stamp set from the Stampin' Up! Spring/Summer Catalogue called Friendship's Sweetest Thoughts which I was immediately drawn to when the catalogue first launched. 


I love the delicacy of the images in this set and they can be used for so many occasions.  My sentiment actually came from a Sale-A-Bration stamp set (Eclectic Expressions) but you could easily use another.


I created a card blank from Crushed Curry cardstock and then used a slightly smaller piece run through the Layered Leaves 3D Textured Impressions Embossing Folder for my first layer.  I added a panel of the Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Series Paper which was lined with just a hint of the Decorative Ribbon Border Punch in Fresh Fig.  I layered my topper image using Pool Party cardstock.  As I knew I would be adding water to colour my image, I used Shimmery White cardstock for my focal element.  I stamped in Archival Basic Grey and let it dry for a couple of minutes before using my Aqua Painters to pick up the ink from the lid of the ink pads in Crushed Curry, Fresh Fig, Bermuda Bay and Pool Party.  

I hope you like this card and don't be afraid to chop up your DSP!  Look out for more projects featuring gorgeous Stampin' Up! DSP soon!

Happy crafting,
Rachel x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment