Followers

Saturday 5 October 2019

World Cardmaking Day with Stampin' Up!

Hi Crafters,

Happy World Cardmaking Day!  I hope you are getting some time to craft today.  I have a special Christmas card to share with you.  I created a galaxy resist background using the So Many Stars photopolymer stamp set and white heat embossing. 



I stamped my star images in Versamark ink and then heat embossed in white.  I added Bermuda Bay and Melon Mambo splodges and then covered with Night of Navy using an Aqua Painter for each colour.  The Night of Navy wasn't dark enough so I took the Stampin' Pad directly to the Watercolour Paper and swept in from the edges.  There was excess ink on my glass mat so I used a Stampin' Spritzer and added water and then smooshed the background into the ink.  When I turned over the card, I had a ta-dah moment!  It worked!  

I used the Stitched Rectangle Dies to cut three pieces for the background and added a few extra Silver Glimmer stars left over from the star flourish die behind the sentiment.  I stamped my sentiment in Night of Navy and used the second largest star die popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.  

What project will you be creating for World Cardmaking Day?  Why not try a sketch challenge or a colour challenge?  Maybe you're an avid crafter who likes lots of layers, why not try a simple stamping card.  I hope you have fun creating.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment