Followers

Saturday 16 November 2019

Inspirational Butterflies with Stampin' Up!

Hi Crafters,

I hope you are all doing well.  I have a card today featuring an inspirational sentiment that makes me so happy.


I made a card blank from thick Whisper White cardstock.  The inked layer is made from Shimmery White cardstock which holds up well to water-based inking techniques.  I added ink in Rich Razzleberry and Mango Melody with a sponge brayer and then applied a layer of water to one of the decorative masks featured in the Autumn/Winter catalogue and placed it firmly on top to remove some of the ink.  The effect is subtle but great for a background.  I cut one of the base butterfly dies an then three of the intricate layers in Whisper White cardstock from the Butterfly Beauty Dies and adhered with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  I stamped the sentiment from the Above the Clouds stamp set in Versamark ink on Basic Black cardstock and then heat embossed in white.  I fussy cut the words and added them with more liquid glue.

I hope this card makes you smile.  Let me know if you try out the ink lifting technique using water.  You can also do this technique by stamping in water over an inked background.  

Happy crafting,
Rachel x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment