Followers

Sunday 3 November 2019

Faux Engraving with Stampin' Up!

Hi Crafters,

I have a new technique for you today that I'm really excited to share.  If you spotted the gold deer in my Global Stamping Friends Plaid Blog Hop, you will have already had a sneak peek!  The technique is faux engraving and I discovered it watching a video by Jennifer McGuire.  I adore all of Jennifer's videos and her creativity is so inspiring.  

To create the faux engraving all you need is foil cardstock, an outline image, Versamark ink, clear embossing powder and a heat tool.  It's also really important to prep the cardstock with an anti-static powder to prevent the embossing powder from sticking anywhere other than your stamped image.



I started with a notecard and embossed the front leaf using the Tin Tile 3D embossing folder.  I added a piece of real red cardstock to the middle with liquid multipurpose glue.  My tree image came from the Shine Bright stamp set featured in the Stampin' Up! Autumn/Winter catalogue.  I stamped in Versamark ink and heat embossing using clear embossing powder.  I added some Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels and popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.  The white layer under my gold topper was stamped with a sentiment from the Shine Bright stamp set in Real Red.  I used my Stamparatus for perfect positioning.  I'm not sure how I ever managed to stamp anything in the right place before the Stamparatus came along!

I hope you'll give this cool technique a try.  Let me know what you think and what image you'll be using.

Happy crafting, 
Rachel x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment