Followers

Thursday 4 June 2020

Global Design Project 243 - Floral Theme

Hi Crafters,

I am entering the Global Design Project challenge 243 today and the theme is floral.  
I have made two clean and simple cards using the new Celebrate Sunflowers bundle.  I hope they bring you inspiration and if you would like to create your own, head to my online shop.  


My first card features a Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede and gold foil sunflower.  I changed up the colours for the second card, using Basic Black and Mango Melody.  There is also a hint of shimmer on the sunflower centre with a touch of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint.  I kept the layout and sentiment the same for both cards.  This would be a good design to mass produce too.  


I created a card base using a half sheet of A4 thick Whisper White cardstock.  The frame behind the sunflower was created using the largest two squares from the Layering Square Dies in Whisper White cardstock.  I cut five frames and glued together with Liquid Multipurpose Glue.  I stamped the sunflower image in Daffodil Delight onto Crushed Curry cardstock, using a sponge dauber for the centre with Soft Suede ink.  I cut the image using the co-ordinating die from the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle.  I added a gold foil die cut on top and finished with a sentiment from the stamp set in Daffodil Delight.  


My second card was started in the same way but I used Basic Black cardstock for the square frame behind the sunflower.  I stamped the sunflower image in Mango Melody ink onto Mango Melody cardstock and then cut the layering sunflower pieces in Basic Black cardstock.  


I used a sponge dauber and some Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint for the centre of the flower before adhering the layers together.  I stamped the same sentiment in Mango Melody ink to finish off this card.  


I would like to enter these cards into the following challenges:


Happy crafting, 
Rachel x


Product List

4 comments:

  1. These are so fun, Rachel - such a dramatic set! Love the two versions you've shown us, I think I like the foiled one best! Thanks so much for playing at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely cards - I like the idea of the gold foil on top - thanks for sharing with us at SUO Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stunning simplicity of your cards. Beautiful! Thank you so much for participating with us at SUOChallenges.com. We hope that you will join us again on Tuesday, June 9, for a new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gold on the first card, but the black on the second is beautiful too! Thanks for playing along at SUO Challenges, hope to see you for the new challenge starting today!

    ReplyDelete