Followers

Sunday 28 February 2021

Friendly Flamingo from Stampin' Up!

Hi crafters,

I've always been fascinated by flamingos and the new Friendly Flamingo bundle in the Stampin' Up January-June Mini Catalogue had my heart at first glance!  The Friendly Flamingo stamp set features 12 photopolymer stamps and there are 10 co-ordinating dies in the Flamingo Dies.  


You can use the dies to build a flamingo just from cardstock or you can stamp the image and then die cut.  I have a card featuring each of these techniques.  


For this first card, I ink blended the background using the Blender Brushes and inks in Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo and Rich Razzleberry.  I stamped the water ripples from the Friendly Flamingo stamp set in Pumpkin Pie for a tone on tone look.  I created the flamingo entirely from Basic Black cardstock to create a silhouette.  I used the co-ordinating Stampin' Write Markers to colour the small floral image for the sentiment accent and then die cut with the Flamingo Dies.  I stamped the sentiment in Versamark ink onto Basic Black cardstock and then poured on white embossing powder on top.  After tapping off the excess I heat set the powder with my heat tool.  I cut the sentiment into banner shape using a die from the Tasteful Labels Dies and adhered to my card using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  


The second card is fairly simple.  I used the main flamingo image from the Friendly Flamingo stamp set in Flirty Flamingo ink.  I coloured the beak black using the Basic Black Stampin Write Marker by following the shape of the stamped image.  I die cut using the co-ordinating Flamingo Dies.  To create the background I used a piece of Basic White cardstock and ran this through one of the Greenery Embossing Folders.  I placed this onto a card base made with Basic White Thick cardstock.  I attached two small strips of cardstock on each side to ground the panel and add a pop of colour.  Finally I stamped the sentiment in Flirty Flamingo ink and adhered the flamingo with Stampin' Dimensionals.  You could also add some bling but for once I've left it off.  

Happy crafting,
Rachel x


Product List for Card 1 (Just For You)



No comments:

Post a Comment