Followers

Sunday 6 September 2020

Festive Sunday Inspiration 4 - Joy Treat Holder

 Hi crafters,

Today is the fourth installment in my Festive Sunday Inspiration series.  There is still time to catch the first, second and third posts though.  I will be bringing you a post every Sunday until 29 November featuring festive projects to spark your creativity.  Projects will feature Stampin' Up! products from the August-December 2020 Mini Catalogue and the Annual Catalogue, using a variety of techniques.  If you would like to purchase any of the products for yourself, please visit my online shop which is open 24/7. 


Today's project features two bundles from the August-December 2020 Mini Catalogue.  There is a 10% saving when you purchase a bundle combining stamps and dies or stamps and a punch.  I used the Little Treats bundle to make a treat holder and then decorated it with the Peace and Joy bundle.  


I started by cutting out the treat holder from Crumb Cake cardstock and it was super easy to assemble, taking less than a minute.  I used the Joy Dies and cut from Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake and Whisper White cardstocks.  I adhered these together using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  I stamped the holly in Shaded Spruce and the berries in Cherry Cobbler to match the sentiment and then fussy cut using Paper Snips.  I added the stamped part of the sentiment in Shaded Spruce and trimmed this out with my Stampin' Up! mini guillotine.  I used Braided Linen Trim to secure the top of the treat holder closed.  I haven't decided which treat to place inside the holder yet.  



The finished treat holder measures 3/4" x 2 1/2" x 1 7/8 (D x H x W) which would be perfect for a tree ornament or sweet treat.  I don't think a round chocolate truffle would fit but I would have fun trying!  What would you add to yours?


Happy crafting,

Rachel x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment