Followers

Sunday 13 September 2020

Festive Sunday Inspiration Week 5 - Have a Hoot

Hi crafters,

Today is the next installment in my Festive Sunday Inspiration series.  There is still time to catch up though, take a look back at the first post.  I will be bringing you a post every Sunday until 29 November featuring festive projects to spark your creativity.  Projects will feature Stampin' Up! products from the August-December 2020 Mini Catalogue and the Annual Catalogue, using a variety of techniques.  If you would like to purchase any of the products for yourself, please visit my online shop which is open 24/7. 

Today's projects feature the Have a Hoot Bundle which comprises the Have a Hoot stamp set and co-ordinating Peek a Hoot dies.  This bundle is really fun and covers both Halloween and Christmas.  You could also stretch this one for Valentine's Day too.


I've made two cards and they were a hoot to make - see what I did there?!  Both also feature the Plaid Tidings DSP from the August-December 2020 Mini Catalogue.  I love this festive combo of red and green.  

The first card is a standard half sheet of A4 Thick Whisper White cardstock.  I adhered the Plaid Tidings DSP on top using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  I used the Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder with a piece of Whisper White cardstock for the background to the topper and sentiment.  The owl image was stamped twice with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Whisper White cardstock.  I left one plain for the background and then die cut the second (after colouring) using the co-ordinating die.  The image was coloured with Stampin' Blends in Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Real Red, Shaded Spruce and Daffodil Delight.  I extended the tree branch and then die cut the topper using the Layering Squares Dies.  The sentiment was stamped in Shaded Spruce ink and I simply cut this with my trimmer, adding some Real Red ink to the edges using a Stampin' Write Marker to make the sentiment panel stand out.  



My second card uses similar products and I also started by using Thick Whisper White cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment in Crumb Cake ink and then ran the front of the card though the Winter Snow Embossing Folder for texture.  I adhered a strip of the Plaid Tidings DSP with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  The owls were stamped in Crumb Cake ink onto Crumb Cake cardstock and die cut with one of the tag dies from the co-ordinating set.  I added some white highlights with a watercolour pencil and then finished off with some white seam binding ribbon.  

I hope you're enjoying this series.  If you have any suggested products you would like to showcase, drop me a comment below or over on my Little Lane Crafts Facebook page or on my Instagram account.  

Happy crafting,

Rachel x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment