Followers

Sunday 27 September 2020

Festive Sunday Inspiration Week 7 - Snowflake Wishes

Hi crafters,

Today is the next installment in my Festive Sunday Inspiration series.  There is still time to catch up though, take a look back at the first post.  I will be bringing you a post every Sunday until 29 November featuring festive projects to spark your creativity.  Projects will feature Stampin' Up! products from the August-December 2020 Mini Catalogue and the Annual Catalogue, using a variety of techniques.  If you would like to purchase any of the products for yourself, please visit my online shop which is open 24/7. 

It's the return of the Snowflake Splendour Suite this week and I have two cards that feature the same die.


The first card is a glittery version.  I used the largest snowflake die to cut from Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper.  However, I didn't realise that the die didn't have an outer cutting edge so I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue behind each individual piece before laying this onto a panel of Whisper White cardstock and then removing the outer layer.  I loved the result so this turned into a happy accident!  I stamped the sentiment below the snowflake in Balmy Blue ink and then mounted the panel onto a Balmy Blue card blank.  


My second card today features the negative portion of the same snowflake but this time I used Whisper White cardstock.  I popped the panel up with Stampin' Dimensionals after using one of the Stitched Rectangle dies to trim the panel to size.  I layered this onto a panel of the Snowflake Splendour DSP embossed with the Winter Snow Embossing Folder.  The sentiment was stamped with Night of Navy ink to match the card blank.  I finished with a Blue Adhesive-Backed Gem in the centre of the snowflake for added sparkle.  


I hope you are enjoying this festive series.  Christmas is sooner than we think!  Especially when the supermarkets are already stocking chocolate Christmas treats!  If there is anything you'd like to see, there is still time to drop me a comment or email to let me know.  

Happy crafting,
Rachel x


Product List 

No comments:

Post a Comment