Followers

Sunday 1 November 2020

Festive Sunday Inspiration Week 12 - Merry Christmas Rainbow Skies

Hi crafters,

It's time for the next installment in my Festive Sunday Inspiration series.  You can still catch up on the previous posts, take a look back at the first post.  I will be bringing you a post every Sunday until 29 November featuring festive projects to spark your creativity.  Projects will feature Stampin' Up! products from the August-December 2020 Mini Catalogue and the Annual Catalogue, using a variety of techniques.  If you would like to purchase any of the products for yourself, please visit my online shop which is open 24/7. 

I have two same but different cards today featuring rainbow ink blending.  I used the dies from the Coming Home bundle.  This stamp set is special because £2.50 will be donated from the sale of each stamp set (either individually, in a bundle or a suite collection) to charities devoted to adoption, foster care and infertility.  You can make a difference today by getting yours.



I cut two panels of Whisper White cardstock slightly smaller than my card bases which were made with Thick Whisper White cardstock.  I used inks in Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Balmy Blue and Pacific Point to create ink blended rainbows.  I ink blended the brighter colours first and then used the leftover ink on my blending brushes for the paler card.  I changed the blue for the subtle card to tie in with the soft hues.  After the ink blending I used a some drops of water to create texture.  I used the hill die from the Home Together Dies and cut one each in Whisper White and Basic Black cardstocks.  I added fun foam behind the die cuts so that they wouldn't bow in the mail and added them to the card fronts with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  However before adding the die cuts I used my Stamparatus and stamped a sentiment from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set in StazOn ink for the bright card and white heat embossing for the subtle card.    



So I would love to know which is your favourite.  My boyfriend said he loved the contrast of the bright card.  Do you agree?

Happy crafting, Rachel x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment