Followers

Friday 6 November 2020

Global Stamping Friends Blog Hop - Holidays

Hi crafters,

As it's the first Friday of the month, the Global Stamping Friends team are showcasing projects in our monthly blog hop.  We are a group of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from around the world.  Our theme for November is holidays.  If you've hopped from Lisa Ann's fabulous post, you are on the right track.  There is also a full list of participants at the end of this post.   


There was only one stamp set calling me for this theme and that was Gnome For The Holidays!  I love these cute images and have two projects to share.  


For my first project I made a standard card using Thick Whisper White cardstock.  I added a panel of the Trimming The Town DSP to the front which had been run through the Evergreen 3D Embossing Folder and inked with Old Olive ink.  This is fairly tricky to capture in a photo.  I added some snow banks using one of the dies from the Coming Home bundle and then highlighted the change in depths using a Balmy Blue Stampin' Blend.  I stamped the Gnome image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured using Stampin' Blends.  I used Old Olive, Balmy Blue, Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate and Ivory.  I fussy cut the image and didn't include the mistletoe on the end of the gnome's hat.  I used the Home Together Dies again and used night of Navy, Balmy Blue and Old Olive cardstock for the small house.  I stamped the sentiment onto Whisper White cardstock in Night of Navy ink and then die cut using the largest label in the Snow Time Dies.  I outlined the sentiment by drawing inside the smaller label die in the same die set.  I used Stampin' Dimensionals for the sentiment label and the gnome.  


The second project was much more involved!  I was inspired by a video from Jennifer McGuire to make a card with a belly band ornament.  Please check out Jennifer's video because it's really informative and Jennifer is a crafting genius!


I started by creating a gatefold card using Whisper White cardstock.  I used the Envelopes Dies on each of the gatefold flaps.  I added a section of DSP from the 'Tis The Season pack behind each of die cut sections.  Next I went about creating my ornament.  I used Cherry Cobbler cardstock and the Laying Circles Dies to create the body of the ornament.  I cut six of these circles, gluing three together to create the two sides of the ornament.  I adhered these together, only gluing at the top and bottom so that the belly band could slide through the ornament.  I cut a smaller circle from the same die set in Whisper White cardstock and embossed this with the Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder.  Next it was the turn of the Gnome For The Holidays images.  I stamped these onto Whisper White cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured with Stampin' Blends in Cherry Cobbler, Shaded Spruce, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, Ivory, Petal Pink and Crumb Cake.  


I cut a strip of Cherry Cobbler cardstock to create the belly band and loosely wrapped this around the card to find the right tension.  I cut two slits in the back one on the top right and one on the bottom left and slotted these together to create the closure.  I stamped the sentiment onto the belly band with Cherry Cobbler ink for a tone on tone look.  


Don't do what I did and forget to insert the ribbon to hang up your ornament!  I used Whisper White Crinkle Seam Binding Ribbon and should have inserted this between the two halves of the ornament but I forgot to do this before gluing.  Thankfully I had used Multipurpose Liquid Glue and could squeeze the ribbon into place easily even after adhering the ornament together.  

I hope you are having fun on our holiday hop.  To keep hopping, head to Tricia's brilliant post next by clicking the arrow below.  


Rachel x



Product List

6 comments:

  1. I love both of these but especially the tree dsp. Such a simple effect but really makes it look like the gnome is in the forest. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are gorgeous, Rachel! But the Gatefold card steals the show. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute cards, Rachel. This stamp set is certainly a favourite of mine too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your gatefold card & the gnomes are so cute. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Those are quite the projects, Rachel! Nice job! Ornanament is a neat idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun projects! The ornament would be a wonderful gift to receive.

    ReplyDelete