Followers

Friday 15 January 2021

Stampin' Up! Friends Are Like Seashells

Hi crafters,

I'm sharing three cards I made using the new Sand & Sea Suite and in particular the Seashells 3D Embossing Folder and the Seaside Seashells Dies.  The stamps, dies and embossing folder all work together to create a beautiful dimensional piece that fills an entire card front.  



I created the first card using Soft Sea Foam cardstock for the background which was stamped multiple times using the dot stamp from the Friends Are Like Seashells stamp set in Misty Moonlight ink.  I die cut the large seashell image from Misty Moonlight cardstock and then ran this through the Seashells 3D Embossing Folder.  To highlight the dimension, I covered the die cut with a layer of Whisper White Pigment Ink using a Stampin' Sponge.  This ink stays wet longer than water based inks so if you are worried about smearing, you can use a heat tool to set the ink in place.  I cut the thanks sentiment from Soft Sea Foam Cardstock four times and layered up using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  This die cut is from the Well Written Dies.  To finish I added some Clear Rhinestones for sparkle.  You could definitely leave these off for a gender neutral card.  


The second card features the Seashells 3D Embossing Folder and Seaside Spray ink.  I used the ink directly onto the inside of the folder before placing my white cardstock inside and running through my Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.  This left the detail in white and transferred the ink to the recessed areas of the impression.  I used the edge of my Paper Snips to rough up the sides of the cardstock and then added it to a white card base.  The sentiment was created by pairing part of a stamp from the Friends Are Like Seashells stamp set and a die cut from the Sweet Silhouette Dies.  I cut the die from Night of Navy cardstock and Seaside Spray cardstock and layered together to create a shadow effect.  


My final card is super simple and uses the leftover ink from the previous card.  I simply ran another piece of white cardstock though the embossing folder and then cut this down to leave a larger white border on my card base.  I used fun foam to mount the panel onto the card to give even dimension when posting.  The sentiment is stamped from the Friends Are Like Seashells stamp set in Seaside Spray ink and I used the Classic Label Punch to cut it out.  



Now that I've had a chance to play with these products, I can't wait to create again.  I love trying trusted favourite techniques with new products and these turned out better than I imagined.  Click on any of hte supply items below to shop yours now. 

Happy crafting,
Rachel x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment