Followers

Friday 29 January 2021

A Little Something From Stampin' Up!

Hi crafters,

Here's a crafty question for you.  Do you also struggle to make cards using Designer Series Paper?  Well, I say cut it up!  I did this with half of the new Sale-a-Bration Flower and Field DSP and today's card came together in no time at all.  If you cut half of the pack of DSP (6 sheets) you'll end up with 36 background panels.  I cut each panel to roughly 3-7/8 by 5-11/16.  This leaves a small border on a standard half sheet of A4 card base.  

I use a thick white cardstock for my base card - either Basic White or Whisper White would work.  I took the panel of DSP from the Flower and Field pack and placed this inside my Stamparatus.  I pulled out the Swirly Frames Stamp Set and placed the large rectangle image in the centre of the panel, picking it up with the Stamparatus plate.  I inked the stamp in Versamark and then applied white embossing powder.  I heat set this with my heat tool until it was smooth and melted.  It's important to let your heat tool get warm before taking it to your paper.  This reduces warping and speeds up the heating process.  

I cut a small panel of white cardstock to fit within the heat embossed frame and then matted this with a piece of Misty Moonlight cardstock.  I used the Fancy Phrases Stamp Set for the sentiment and stamped this using my Stamparatus in Misty Moonlight ink.  To create the flower and leaves I used the Beautiful Brushstrokes Dies and cardstock in Seaside Spray, Misty Moonlight, Night of Navy, Shaded Spruce and Just Jade.  Now that I've made one of these flowers, lining up the layers in the future will be much easier.  My top tip is to keep rotating the layers until you see them align before adhering.  I also created the leaves in the same way.  If you prefer to stamp your image, the large floral image in the Fancy Phrases Stamp Set would be a great alternative.  I attached everything together using Multipurpose Liquid Glue which is my favourite!  Then I finished off with three of the 2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dots in Misty Moonlight.  

Happy crafting, Rachel x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment